Monday, August 14

Scarf of Doom done!

I think I mentioned this scarf before (Khaleesi Shawlette).  I picked it up when traveling and as it was a local kit made where we were, I thought it would be fun.  It looked small and the construction was clever.  Looking at the Ravelry pictures, I think maybe I needed a larger needle size?

I started it a while ago and rapidly discovered that I do not like this type of project, so it became a Dreaded Project.  I was on the verge of frogging the whole thing and starting over to make it a rectangle when Smallest said that she really liked it and would like to have it.  Ugh.  So I trudged along and finished just before we went on vacation.  I still am not wild about it, but at least someone is.  If she loses it, I won't be sad that it is gone, but I will be sad that all the time I put into finishing it is lost.
Anyhow, here it is (pre-blocking):



I needed a good project for a car trip as we drove to Colorado and back for vacation, so I took the Bright Stripes blanket that I started for Middle a couple of years ago.  I finished the second colored stripe and am preparing to start the third.  I think it will also be a great project for TV watching.  I took the sweater for Jeff, but it requires too much attention at this point (I started with the sleeves), so it will have to wait for some other time.  Maybe dance class waiting.

I think that's about it for now.  I'm taking Smallest to a ballroom competition in LA over Labor Day weekend, so there will be more travel knitting to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment