Wednesday, August 23

Progress!

A knitting blog I like to read recently talked about how, if you have a big project, if you just work on it a little at a time, eventually it will get done.

I have this blanket that Middle was going to knit when she had just learned how and was enamored with knitting (maybe 5th grade?).  That passed quickly.  I started on it back then, and it's been sitting and sitting because I thought it was such a huge project that it would take Forever to finish.  I took it with us as we drove to Colorado two weeks ago and what do you know, a couple of hours in the car is a good way to make some progress!  There are four colored stripes in the blanket (Bright Stripes Blanket) and I finished the second stripe on our trip.  I've made the blanket my TV knitting (we have free HBO for a month and are trying to watch Game of Thrones as I've never watched it) and now I'm about halfway through the second stripe.  This picture was taken during some independent dance practice that Smallest wanted to do.


I've also started taking Jeff's sweater with me to Smallest's ballroom lessons because they're all 90 minutes long now, which is enough time to get a couple of rows done.  I've started on the sleeves, and I have them both on the same circular needle so that I can get them both done at the same time.  Plus, if I make an error in one, I'll make the same error at the same time in the other!  Handy.

I'm hoping to get the blanket done soon now.  Once I finish the fourth stripe, there's just the three sides of the border to finish and I think that picking up stitches will be the most unpleasant part of that!

School starts on Monday and I am ready for that!

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment