Thursday, September 7

Math for Knitting

I started on the back for the pillow after casting off the cabled front.  The front is 62 stitches, so I cast on 64 for the back and was making wide ribs.  I finished two rows and held it up to the pillow it is for, and it's about four inches too wide.  I guess the absence of cables is what makes the difference.  I was traveling last weekend, so I didn't take it along with me.  I was going to work on Jeff's sweater, but I didn't do that either.

I did finish the pajamas for Smallest, and she likes them a bunch.  They were pretty fast too.  Maybe she would like a flannel set for winter.

Other than that, there's been some helping of friends dealing with Harvey flooding and bored kids waiting for school to start.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment