Monday, February 23

Keepin' on keepin' on

The end is in sight: I have started quilting!

I have discovered why it would have been better to quilt before edging, since now the borders are nicely sewn up and it's a pain to tie things off. Things to remember for next time. Anyway, some of the quilting is right in the middle, so it would be a pain either way.

My plan was to make little circles in some of the blocks to match the circle pattern on the back. In my first circle, I used a chain stitch, which was really pretty but REALLY slow for some reason (25 minutes!) perhaps now that I am getting more used to working with 4 pieces of fabric, I will try again). So I've done 6 others with a more simple backstitch (1:25 min), and I'm reasonably happy with it. See? (front and back)




I've also picked 6 squares within each mod block (plus the four central black v. black intersections) that I intend to quilt, and then maybe that will be enough. After all, my original goal was to have the quilt done by the end of this month, as the recipient was coming to visit; the trip has been put off due to snowpocalypse but I don't want the quilt to suffer a similar fate.

I also decided that my most recent felt bear would be a fun addition to the quilt, so I put his arms on (20 min), and he's all done. See how cute?





So, 2:10 for me this weekend. Total = 57:40.

Catherine

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Look at you go! I haven't put in my latest hours from Montreal, or probably a bit before that.
    My laptop is not letting me sign in to Google with this account, so I have to figure that out. Bad Mac!

    ReplyDelete