Monday, February 2

Black fabric, I shake my fist at you

I am making excellent progress on the quilt! I spent Wednesday and Saturday finishing the last squares and taking apart the dress my mom and I made in 1994 for a high school performance that's going to be repurposed as the back of the quilt - lots of fun swirly colors. Also, Friday I stopped by the fabric store to get batting and more thread. Sunday I worked on the black strips that will bind the 9 color blocks together. Now I've got 6 squares sewn together and the other 3 are together, and I have the black strip ready to go that will made one giant block... and then I lost the will to pin things. However, I've also made the painful discovery that I don't have enough black fabric, unless I want to use this super-stretchy stuff that will cause me to go insane. So, back to the fabric store...

In good news, I've discovered that the recipient of the quilt is coming to Boston in 3 weeks, so that gives me both strong motivation to finish but also a decent window in which to wrap things up. Yay!

Wednesday, 1 hr, 20 min
Saturday, 2 hrs, 45 min
Sunday, 6 hrs, 40 min

Total this week: 10 hrs, 45 min. 
Total this quarter: 34 hrs, 35 min

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment