Monday, January 2

2012: Return of the quilt

One of my new year's resolutions is to finish my quilt. There - I've said it, and now am accountable. More to come...

In the meantime, I just got a knitting pattern daily calendar for my Evil Twin, and he is excited to learn all of the different patterns. Yesterday's was a basket rib, which we both decided looked more like space invaders than a basket weave. We intend to make 4" x 4" squares of many/all of these, and then use them to make a knit quilt. He made the official square yesterday, but I also wanted to learn the pattern (never having done slip stitches before), so I spent 30 minutes (at least, but I forgot to time it) knitting 16 rows and then pulling them back out.

Watch out, seester! I will have two quilts before you know it.

30 minutes.
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment