Wednesday, October 18

It's been a lot.

Many things have happened since the last post.  First, Jeff and I went to California to visit his younger daughter, who is working as an intern for Cakebread Cellars during the harvest.  We ate some fantastically delicous food and drank some tasty wine also.  It was a great trip.
Second, we celebrated Jeff's birthday in a very low-key way.  He'll hit a big birthday in two years, so perhaps we'll have a larger celebration then. 

Third, we found out that my sister-in-law, who lives in CO, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and had her first chemo session the previous week.  No bueno.  After three rounds of chemo, it will be surgery to stage things and then more chemo. 

Fourth, Jeff's older daughter came for a visit during a break from law school.  We had a really lovely weekend with her. 

Fifth, Jeff and I got covid.  Bleah.  The Boy seems to have avoided it.  The benefits of being anti-social! 

Sixth, my sister-in-law passed away from her cancer.  It was Stage IV, and all over her abdominal cavity. My father-in-law died two weeks after his cancer diagnosis, and we were all thankful that he didn't have to go through a lingering, painful death.  As sad as we are about my SIL, we are also glad she was spared, because there's nothing much you can do with Stage IV ovarian cancer. 
Oof.

Last night we had a vestry meeting for my church.  I am in my second year of a three year term.  I was participating by Zoom, because I'm between 5-10 days post-covid-symptom-onset and I don't want to get anyone sick.  Before the meeting, I was looking for something to do while I sat.  I thought about working on the second sock for Smallest, but happened to see the fabric for some sashiko coasters I bought a kit for (a while ago!) sitting on my desk.  I got the rest of the kit and an hour and a half later, voila!  C'est finis!  
Below are also some sock progress pictures.
Other projects... I'm working on a Musselburgh hat for Middle.  They finally responded to a question I had about colors.  I am making it with Gauge Dye Works Colorwheel colorway.  It's super fun, and I should be able to finish in a day or two.  I'm not entirely sure I like it?  I think I should have knit it with size 3 needles instead of 4, but we'll see what Middle thinks of it.  We'll see them at Thanksgiving. 

I also made good progress on my Lantana top and just need to put the neck and sleeve bands on to finish it.  Amazing how things get finished when you work on them! 

I think that's all I know.  We're heading to Chicago at the beginning of November for Middle's BFA show, and then to CO, and then back to CO for SIL's service. 


Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment