Tuesday, September 5

Moisture from the sky!

We had the most exciting thing happen yesterday, it was brief, but so satisfying.  It rained!  It's been a while.  Houston has started regulating when you can water, so we can water our crispy grass on Thursday evenings and Sunday evenings.  

Several years ago, we had the hose running in the back yard to do something and we asked The Boy to turn it off on his way to his room, which is by the door to the yard.  He did so, but then we discovered the next day that he had actually turned it all the way on instead of off and it flooded our neighbor's yard.  Oops.  It was a sad yard, so no harm was done (except to our water bill).  Well, on Sunday night, we had watered the yard and Jeff went to turn off the sprinkler before going to bed.  On Monday morning, I went to put some sourdough outside to proof and noticed the sprinkler was still running!  This time Jeff is the one who turned it all the way on instead of off.  Alas.  The grass looks happy though.

I had a good weekend of project-ing.  I have almost finished a two skirts for Smallest.  I mentioned these in the previous post.  I finished the one she bought the fabric for - and I made it reversible!  I need to get elastic for the waist, but it's otherwise done.  I am very pleased with it.  I made a video to show her, I'll see if I can post it. (and I did fix that pinch on the waist)


I've almost finished the remake of the first skirt as well.  That fabric is a pain to work with, so I'm please it's gone as well as it has.  I just need to finish the hem and put in the elastic.  So close!  I'm hoping to get the elastic today, but it might be tomorrow.

The top is coming together also.  I need to do an I-cord around the edges, but it's otherwise good.  I found a mistake in a bad place (messed up buttonhole 3 of 4) and while I fixed it, it's not perfect.  I would have to undo all the straps to really fix it perfectly.  Alas.


Other than that, I don't know much else.  We're going to see Lauren in a couple of weeks.  We went to a place called Puttshack with The Boy on Labor Day and had a good time.  

I'm trying to keep up with the Vuelta bike race, I'll have to see how much we can see on Peacock.  Exciting to have someone from CO in the lead!

Here is Ginny as a Purrito, just for fun.


Margie


No comments:

Post a Comment