Wednesday, October 6

Forbidden

 Oh my, it's been a while!  Shame on me.

We are back from Spain, stepdaughter has gotten married and started law school.  Sadly, while we were in Spain, initial tests suggested that Jeff's dad had some sort of abdominal cancer.  It turned out to be pancreatic cancer, and he passed away just a month after those initial tests. We have been trying to catch up on everything since then.  We also had to put our dog to sleep the week before my father-in-law's memorial service.  It's been non-stop fun over here.

As we've been cleaning out their house, preparing it for whatever we decide in the future, I was able to acquire something that I've admired for many years.  Jeff's mom is/was an avid gardener, and has many wonderful plants.  We re-homed her ginormous fiddle leaf fig tree to a friend's office, other plants have gone to be with other family members, but the one I wanted is apparently highly illegal.

Here we have water hyacinth.  It is highly invasive, will spread to cover the surface of any water supply it is exposed to, and has truly lovely blooms.  It's happily sitting in a plastic container on our back porch now, and with replenished water rewarded me with a bloom two days ago.  It survived our freeze back in February, and it will remind me of my mother-in-law every time I see it.  






In other news, I had a EMG test to determine what was going on with my neck/shoulder pain and it looks like it's a pinched nerve.  I get to have an MRI to see what's going on in there, and I'm continuing with physical therapy.  The PT has been so helpful in increasing my range of motion.  Good stuff.

I'm also back to knitting, as of yesterday.  I've been doing some cross stitch in between.  The test ruled out carpal tunnel, which I had secretly worried about, so I figure it's time to knit again!  I have a sweater to make for Smallest, and some socks for Middle.  The Boy doesn't seem concerned about knitted things, so I'm not too worried about him.  He also tends to run hot, so he might not need anything either.

Perhaps I should set a regular posting day...

Margie


No comments:

Post a Comment