Sunday, April 30

Crazy quilt

I’m on to quilt #2. This is one I had started some time ago. The friend I’m making it for likes red + hearts, so the overall inspiration is clear, and theoretically the top is finished (see? The blue border is just a rug). However... I might hate it. That internal bright red color just doesn’t go. And the fact that the red squares are uneven on the two sides is… unsatisfying. And even if I cover the bright red in the photo with my finger, then the four outer layers look so bizarre. I am so boggled as to what I was thinking when I put this together. I would hate to have to take it apart, but I would also hate giving someone a present that I think is crummy. Boo. Will ponder next steps.


To cleanse your mind of that horrible image, I will also offer a photo of my lovely kitty. This window seat gets beautiful light in the morning & afternoon, and is his special spot to curl up and watch us, so he is frequently photogenic. This is a morning shot. The little blanket is actually a shawl that Margie made for me, but he co-opted, and I couldn't bear to take it back.


In good news, as I was looking through my quilting fabric, I found the thread I need to finish a different project (Margie also sent me some, but I may need both spools?), and worked on it for about an hour last Tuesday. Based on my progress that day, I think I need about 5 more hours to be totally done. So close!

- Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment