Wednesday, April 5

All I've got is a sock.

Thank goodness for Catherine rejoining the blog and keeping up with posting!  I have been a bad poster.  There is not a lot going on other than sock knitting and that's going slowly because my time has been consumed by other things.

We've worked the past two Saturdays at our church with landscaping and Powerwashing projects.  Fun, but then we've had projects at home because Jeff's daughter's husband and in-laws are visiting Texas and apparently we need to spruce up the house before they visit us.  It's great to get things done, but also tiring.  There have been social things as well.  And I've been reading as well.  I finished a book recommended by Smallest called, They're Going to Love You, which was wonderful and made me cry and cry.  Before that there was the penultimate John Rebus book, which didn't make me cry (ha ha).  Now I've just finished Hell Bent, which is the sequel to Ninth House, written by Leigh Bardugo (of Grishaverse fame - Shadow and Bone is the first).  It's set at Yale, and it would be fun to be a Yale person and read the books.  Unfortunately, I don't think Rice has enough history to set this sort of story there.  Alas.  I picked up the final (so far) John Rebus book from the library yesterday so I can start on that next.  I'm still working through the Wheel of Time series, and am on book four in that series.

I think I need to start taking the bus again so that I can fit more knitting time into my day.

I'm finishing up the second sock for Jeff.  These are boring grey socks in a fun pattern, but since I don't have enough yarn for both socks, the toe of the first is yellow, and I suspect more than the toe of the second will be yellow.  We'll see how far I can get.  After that, I have some socks for Smallest to make, and a Musslebergh hat to make for Middle.  There are so many projects waiting, and not enough time.  Alas.  



Catherine, when you are here in June, I will take you shopping in the Bin of Cross-stitch!  I have a bunch of things that I had planned to make.  If you like them, you can take them!  Fabric, patterns, kits, so many things!

I am going to see Smallest perform in May, so perhaps that will give me some good knitting time.  Trips are good for crafting!  We also have the Annual Meeting for my program coming up in August.  That's a week of sitting in seminars that I don't have to pay attention to and free evenings, so prime knitting time!

Margie


1 comment: