Wednesday, September 29

sneak attack, part 1

Today I am having a love-hate relationship with my quilt squares. They look so nice when they are finished, and they are strangely soothing to make, yet they are simultaneously SO BORING. Anyway, I cut a whole bunch of fabric strips, and then some shorter pieces for 7 different squares, and actually sewed up three. 3 hours, baby! I'm integrating the old and new fabrics at the moment, which is fun. The green colors don't go very well together but the oranges and yellows are nice. I can already tell that I probably don't have enough of the new fabric to finish the squares (unless I shrink the quilt), so I'll have to go through this again later on.

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm headed to bed. I may sew a couple of squares in the morning so there isn't so much to do tomorrow night. It's clear I'll be able to get into double digits, anyway. Phew!

9 hours in the bank; 24 hours left!
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment