Poof, there went August!
I have made good progress on your sweater, but I didn't take it on my August travels, so there's other stuff to share.
I left Aug 1 for my work meeting in Munich. I started on the vest mentioned earlier, but stopped so that I could sleep as much as possible. A combination of earplugs and a new travel pillow thing combined to give me the most plane sleep yet, so I felt pretty good when I arrived.
I did some knitting upon arriving, and took it with me to the meeting to knit during the talks. The good news is that there was a lot of time. The bad news is that Munich had a heat wave in the middle of the week and it was so hot in the auditorium (and outside) that my hands would get too sweaty to knit. Boooo! This removed about three of the five days from use. Alas.





I started on a sock on the flight home and finished it this weekend. I'm not crazy about how the patterning of the colors turned out, but they're for Jeff, and he's okay with it. Now I'm back to your sweater. I've finished up the front panel and I'm working on the sides. We're coming to CO for a whirlwind trip for Jeff's birthday, so maybe you can try it on then! That will be my goal.
Other than that, not much else. The Boy drove back to school by himself, with a stop in Chicago to see Middle. I found a new baby girl to send the little pink sweater, I just need an address. Middle likes the socks I sent. Smallest started the season with her company yesterday, she is feeling strong and capable. She's going to start with coaching this week (being coached) as well, with a local teacher not in her company. She also got new dance photos! She is so lovely.





No comments:
Post a Comment