Friday, November 11

Off to Florida!

I am heading off to see Smallest today in Florida.  It will be so nice to give her a big hug!  It feels like it's been forever since I've seen her.  We talk on the phone often, which has been nice, and we write letters too.

Her roommate has a cat, and earlier I mentioned making a small sock for the cat.  Well, I made another sock for the cat, and Smallest says this is a good thing because Cannoli has lost her first sock!  Oh no!  The first sock was just plain, but this one I made with a pattern that I used to make socks for Middle and Smallest.  She is excited to have a new sock for the cat.

The other thing I have to share today is the green shawl that I made a couple of months ago.  This is the Almina shawl that I made last winter.  I really like the pattern, and would definitely make it again, maybe even bigger than this one.  It's very cosy.

Not much other than that.  A weekend in Florida while it gets cold in Houston.  The Astros won their second World Series, always a nice thing!  I'm making progress on the hats for Sarah and Javi.  I've almost finished the first hat, which is supposed to be the bigger hat.  It seems not that big, so after I finish I'll give it a bath and see if it does get bigger.  If not, then this will be the hat for Sarah and I'll make an even bigger one for Javi.  Sarah says he has a big head.  They'll be here at Thanksgiving, so I can measure his head or having him try on the hat if needed.

I am at the airport and two ladies next to me are discussing places they've worked/lived that were haunted.  Highly entertaining!

I'm hoping to pick up some souvenir yarn while I'm away, so if I do, I'll share a picture of that next week.

Margie


No comments:

Post a Comment