Wednesday, October 12

Worst post-er ever!

 How can it be that the last post was in January?!  I thought for sure I'd posted since then.

Alas.

Okay, so projects mentioned in the January post.  I don't have a picture of the socks for Middle.  I don't even know which socks they were! (looking back, I see they were the tiger striped socks, no finished pictures of those)


Lauren's hat


The Hue Blanket!


Awakening of Flora


Skirt


Bodice


On the dancer!

I did finish the Almina shawl, but I didn't take any pictures, so I'll get one of that.  I do have a picture of the socks mentioned.  They were from a test knit.  I didn't think they would show the pattern well, so I paused to knit the test sock in another color which worked better.  I have since finished the pair and they are nice!  I need to see if I have a sweater picture from Smallest's sweater as well.

In the past nine months, Jeff's mother has passed away, and our grey fluffy cat, Gandalf, died as well.  Smallest has left for a ballet trainee-ship and is having a wonderful time.  Middle is still in Chicago, and The Boy has moved back home.  He's in a program that trains kids to design video games.  The initial evaluation period was not awesome, but he made it through to the regular classes and seems quite excited (for him) so that seems to be going well.  

My shoulder is all better, and I'm working with a trainer once a week to do things with weights to help my body.  I work out 2ish times a week on my own and that's good for me.  I've been diagnosed with anemia, which has been around for at least a couple of years now, but I've finally found an iron pill that works better with my stomach than others, so hopefully in a couple of months I'll be doing better.  

I've finished another shawl and some happy yellow socks.  There was also a lot of hat/mitten knitting this spring.  I'll post those soon.  Right now I'm working on a summer top for me, and starting Xmas knitting.  I have hat and sock requests so far.  Always good to have projects.

Catherine and Darren went camping in Big Bend National Park in Texas last week.  I haven't checked in to see if it was fun, but I suspect it was.



No comments:

Post a Comment