Monday, November 22

Ah, Kitchener, we meet again...

 I have finished the socks for Middle.  One might be a row or two longer in the leg than the other, but that's not such a big deal.  It is not entirely true to say that I have finished.  I have 24 stitches left on both socks that I must sew together using the Kitchener stitch.  This is a fancy way of sewing the stitches closed in a way that looks like they were knitted together.  It's a grafting stitch.  Sometimes I do it well and the toes look beautiful, sometimes it looks really horrendous.  There are a billion online resources to use, so I'll find one and get it done.

In the meantime, I have picked up the sweater for Smallest.  I was working on it while we were watching Shang-Chi and the Ten Rings last night and now I have to un-knit three rows to figure out what I screwed up.  Alas.  At least it's a smaller sweater.  

We are preparing for Thanksgiving also.  It will be the first holiday without my Father-in-law.  I know that my Mother-in-law was in a memory care place last year for the holiday, but Jeff is adamant that she was with us for the holidays last year, and I don't think that's the case, because the facility was highly restrictive about visitors.  At any rate, she doesn't remember last year, so it doesn't really matter.  We'll be gathering at Jeff's brother's house, which will accommodate her wheelchair, except for the bathroom.  I'm learning more and more about handicapped bathrooms and am thinking I need to rate the Houston area bathrooms by how easy they are to use.

At any rate, it should be a nice holiday, and we'll have tasty food, and be with good people.  

I'll see if I can remember to snap a picture of the sweater to share soon.

I should be going to France in a couple of weeks.  I don't know if I want to take the sweater, or start on a shawl to work on while I'm there.  I finished my Sunwalker shawl at the last in-person meeting (July, 2019) and knit some socks at the previous overseas meeting (Paris, 2017).  I was swatching for a Good Vibes, but have set that aside.  Maybe I can work that in while working on the sweater...

Margie


No comments:

Post a Comment