Tuesday, July 7

Where Does the Time Go?

Well, now it's July.  What happened to June?

When I got back from Boulder, I did block All the Things that came home with me.  I still haven't put buttons on the Carbeth cardigan.  Perhaps a goal for this week.  I haven't needed to wear it as much, with Houston being a little warmer than Boulder.

The pucker in the Metronome shawl, that I thought might block out, firmly refused to budge.  I am chalking it up in part to the cream colored yarn being so dense, so I've undone the whole thing and will re-do it some time in the future.  It might also be needle size.  The top band of stitches was super tight.  I have a sweater-sized quantity of yarn the same kind as the brown, but in a white color, so I think since the sweater may not materialize, it may get used for the Metronome re-do.  Here are post blocking pictures of Metronome and Dangling Conversation.




Since I've been home, I remade the Thermal Cowl (Purl Soho).  Turns out it wasn't just my fault it turned out so small, there was an error in the pattern!  The original cast on was too short, so this time I cast on 224 stitches.  It turned out to be the right size this time.  Yay!  Here it is pre-blocking.  Many of us have tried it on to confirm that it can actually go twice around the neck.  It's nice and cosy, and I still have some yarn left over.  Maybe a hat to go with.



I made another pair of socks with some old Knit One, Crochet Two yarn.  I only did 64 stitches around this time, and the fit seems preferred.  I think for the next pair, I might go down a needle size as well.  I'm using small 2s now, and I'm curious about how a 1 would work.

Other than that, I've finished two more squares on the Hue Shift blanket, and am planning on some warm sweaters for Middle. Because Chicago.  We're looking at Glenmore and Homebody.  I'm swatching now to see what the yarn likes.

And... there's a return to cross stitch!  We still need to complete the set of bugs for our brother, and Catherine took home the one our mom was making, so we're getting close!  I just need to do some fuzzy stuff and a ton of backstitching, and then I'll be done, so I'm going to work on that.  When I went on the hunt to find the bug, I turned up a bunch of unfinished things, so that's all out and in the mix now.



Perhaps the Bug Escapades and other things that Catherine has found to do will precipitate a return to the Blog!  We shall see...

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment