Sunday, March 31

The quilt, it has thwarted me.

Well, I had high hopes of having a megasquare by today, but I didn't make it. Somehow everything takes longer than you think.

I did work for 1:40 yesterday (sorry to hoard, but I did text sister to warn her), and 3:45 today. Doesn't that seem like a long time to do just 5 lousy seams? But, in fact, I spent a lot of time marking the lines where the seam should go, and then 5 (so far) squares didn't have enough hem allowance, so I had to detach them to some extent from the 12x2 blocks to lengthen them. Then it took FOREVER to pin up one of the seams. Fortunately, it was worth it, because the seam is beautiful and I do have one 12x4 block to show for my efforts. Evil twin was very impressed. And I've got another two of the 12x2 blocks totally ready to go (marked up, etc), so I just need to finish marking up the last blocks (one is ~half done) and then sew the seams. Maybe another 5 hours??

So close!!

All told, I'm at 45:10 this time.
Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment