Friday, June 24

Hoarding. I does it.

Okay...
Well, I realized (after prompting from Seester) that I hadn't put up any of my hours for Smallest's costume preparation.

So, here's my best accounting...

After I made the practice skirt, I was told that the finished product needed lots of "bling" so we started over with a sequined hot pink fabric for the skirt, and a new fabric for the petticoat, with more netting to generate more fluff.
The cutting and sewing together didn't take too long, but the netting has been a major pain. So I'm going to guess that it's been about 7 hours so far to get where I am now.

Currently, I've just finished putting on the teddy bear (rather than a poodle, as she's dancing to "Teddy Bear" by Elvis) and I'm about to put on the sequin trim leash. Thought about doing it by hand, but now I'm going to pull out the machine. After that, it's hair and show bow time and then I think I'm done with the costume. That's good, because the performance is tomorrow!

I'll post a picture of Smallest in her get-up.

7 hours for me. I guess that's seven hours total. Still six days to catch up...

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment