Saturday, July 3

Football and Knitting

Well, I know Catherine said she was fond of crocheting while watching football, so I have found that I am fond of knitting while watching the other kind of football. I worked yesterday while watching Brazil lose (!!) to the Netherlands, and then when the Uraguayan (sp) striker, Suarez, blocked a shot in goal with his hands, earning a red card, but saving the game. Wow! Cheating pays off...

I finished the back of the baby sweater and started in on the sleeves. Somewhere I read a little trick that I used with mittens and found it worked well. You cast on both pieces on the same needle using different balls of yard, and then you work them both at the same time. It increases your odds of having them be the same, and you finish them both at the same time. No finishing one, only to have to repeat the same thing. I find it helps a lot.

We have a non-rainy day today in Houston. I am surprised, and excited! Hurricane Alex has been spreading joy for the last couple of days here. Because of the lack of outside time, we went to see The Last Airbender last night. I should probably comment on that some other time.

7 hours yesterday (ah, to be unemployed on a rainy day with soccer on!), 7 hours total.

Margie



No comments:

Post a Comment