Thursday, June 29

Seeking green thumb

As I get further and further on this piece, I am realizing there's so much green! Seven of the squares (see grid below; Y = yes, non-green color is finished and N = no, not finished) are either completely done or all the non-green is done. The top left is nearly done, too. And yet there's so much blank space! Crazy.

Y    Y    Y    N
Y    N    Y    Y
N    N    N    Y


I was looking through my photos from the place with sheep, and it was fun to see that my brain likes to take pictures of the same things that I like to build using cross-stitch - here are some of my favorite plants and flowers from the trip!




I've also been picking out a few smaller designs that I could incorporate into presents for people, and there is definitely an overabundance of plants there. A+ for consistency, I guess? 

If only I had someone with a green (cross-stitch) thumb to swoop in and do all the green for me (like Evil Twin is so good at in our actual garden), then I would be practically done with this. :P

- Catherine

  

No comments:

Post a Comment