Monday, June 19

A stitch in every square

After my last photo, I decided to tackle the blue flowers in the top right square (they're blue, I promise); after I finished those, I used the last of the blue thread on the bottom left corner. I used my last green thread to make progress on the middle bottom squares, and then the remaining three felt so lonely that I needed to put something there. And now I have something in every square! It makes me happy to see them all coming along.

Even better, I got to the store today to buy more green thread. They only had 2 skeins available, so I hope that's enough to finish (rather than have 4 separate dye lots - I have been talking a lot to Middle in the last week about the importance of planning your projects carefully in advance, so I am feeling silly that I didn't buy more green thread earlier). 

I still don't know the destiny of this project - there isn't anyone that seems like an obvious recipient, and the size/shape of it don't immediately suggest a use other than "hang on the wall". I have time to think about it, though - I fortunately get to take a break from plane flights after one more short trip this week, and I will focus my time at home on the quilts.

- Catherine



 

No comments:

Post a Comment