Thursday, May 25

I Met the Baby!

I was out moving trash cans this morning and our neighbors happened to be heading out on a walk with their two little girls.  The new baby is just a week or two old, and was underweight at birth (even though she was on time) so she had to spend some time in the NICU before coming home.

Rather than retrieving the blanket (because I finished it!) and making them go for their walk, I decided to wait and I'll take it over later on.

So, I did finish!  Here's the beginning, middle and end of working the i-cord edging.  I like it a lot.  If I do a similar blanket, I need to go down a needle size when I use DPNs, because my gauge is off and it makes the center poofy.  Or I need to use bigger needles for the rest of the blanket.  Things to remember!


The picture insertion software has changed, and I do not approve.

Also, Smallest is home!  Hooray!  She has her roommate's cat with her and it's fun to have another cat for a bit.  The two cats are both terrified of each other, so there has been no interaction.  We picked up some Feliway diffusers today to see if that will help them be more chill.  Here's a Cannoli picture for your viewing pleasure.

Tomorrow we (me and The Boy) leave early to head to Chicago to help Middle move apartments.  As I suspected, there is still packing to be done.  Sigh.  We'll take some boxes and paper along with us also.  I was planning to take the sock for Smallest in the car, but after our conversation, I think I'll take the yarn for the blanket and test out the Ziggy one.  I'm curious to see how hard it is.

The Boy went to the doctor this week about some pain he gets in his hip when he walks around a lot.  He's going to Japan with his dad at the end of July, so lots of walking will be involved.  I am very excited that he has been referred to PT.  Hopefully they can help him with his posture, which is what causes his pain.  He's got a wicked slouch.  He'll have 6-7 weeks to work on it, which I think is enough time to help.

That's all I know!  I'll report back from Chicago.  Hopefully we'll get some tasty food while we're there.  I might see Gwen Reagor (who now goes by Sissy) while we're there!

Margie





No comments:

Post a Comment