Tuesday, October 15

Wonkatronic

Well, I finished the wonky socks from the last post.  I thought the second sock was the same as the first, but I had to undo the cast-off and add another inch to the leg!  Who knew.  After their bath, they looked more similar, but I'm still not entirely sure they're the same.  Here's the almost finished picture.  I don't have one of them on feet, but they have been worn.


I have started Christmas knitting.  I bought two colors of some lovely Malabrigo Dos Tierras yarn a couple of years ago, planning to make a ribbed cowl (from Purl Soho) for Jeff's oldest daughter but she is really not into hand knits.  Ah well.  So I decided to make it anyhow, and Middle has asked me to make her a cowl for Christmas!  How convenient.  The yarn is lovely and I'm having a nice time with this pattern.  Jeff's younger daughter asked for a hat, so we selected some yarn and once it gets here, I'll hat away!  She wants a plain hat, so I thought Turn a Square would be a good one.



Jeff's mom would like a shawl for when she is chilly in church (seriously, it gets cold in there!) so I have some Malabrigo Fino that I got years ago that would be bright and cheerful for her, so that will get going soon also.  And then there's a scarf for Jeff's brother.  He was envious of Jeff's scarf during a visit last winter, so I offered to make him one too.

Other activities... Smallest is making a quilt for her new half sister.  It will be lovely, and the baby is very cute.  A year and a half ago, I showed Middle a jacket in Making Magazine and she decided that she would make one.  We bought the fabric and it sat.  Then last winter I cut the fabric for her and it sat.  Now that she's gone off to college, I decided I would just make the darned jacket.  So here that is!  Middle will come home for a surprise visit this weekend, so she can take it back with her to Chicago.  It's a little chillier up there.



I'm going to make an effort to post at least once a week going forward.  With all the upcoming projects, there should be something to share!

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment