Friday, October 25

Unknitting

I think I've already used the "Knitting, Unknitting, and Reknitting" heading for another project.  That phrase is based on the speech our University president gave when I was an incoming freshman.  He kept repeating, "building, unbuilding, and rebuilding" so often that the students started saying it with him.  That didn't go over well.

Anyhow, I finished Flow back in August (and posted about it in September) and now I have undone it.  I didn't like the way it fit me, so I saved it for Catherine to try on when she came down to see Smallest in the school musical.  Catherine is taller than I am, and she has a long torso, while mine is probably a little short?  Anyhow, I thought that since this top was sooo long on me, it would be perfect for her.  Nope.  It was shorter than she liked and she didn't like the fit either.  Rather than keep something around that I don't like and will never wear, I undid it.  I will need to wash the yarn so it will relax and be ready to knit again, but I will get to turn it back into something that I will actually enjoy wearing, which I think is something magic about knitting.  Pretty cool.



I'm getting closer on the ribbed cowl for Middle.  I have to go 10 inches from the cast on edge and I've just measured to see that I'm at 8 inches.  Then there are six rounds of plain knitting and I'll be done!  Hooray!  The end is in sight.  After that, I think I'll make a hat, and a kiddo sweater, and then back to bigger projects.  The scarf and wrap/shawl await.

Smallest is done with the musical and she's excited about having a weekend with just a little dance in it.  I think she might work a bit on the quilt also.

Middle really liked the jacket, but then she forgot to take it with her.  Oops.  I might send it up, since by the time she gets home for Thanksgiving, it might be too cold for the jacket.

After the Christmas knitting is done, it will be time to revisit the sweater for Jeff.  Something was really off with the gauge, so I need to sort that out.  Excited to possibly use bigger needles for it!  I'm using 2s for the cowl, and will use 4 and 5s for everything else I'm working on soon.

Happy Friday!
Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment