Monday, October 29

Felted Sweaters

I am just about four cm shy of finishing the second Kris sweater for my Seattle friend.  The first one met an untimely end in a dryer.  Once the last sleeve is done, it's blocking time and then just the neckband and button bands.  I don't think it will take long.  Sometime this week, I think.  If I can block it today, then perhaps sew it up tomorrow?  Here is the picture from last week, taken before bus rides to work and riding along to New Braunfels for the weekend.  Lots of knitting time!



I was hopeful that I might finish all the pieces over the weekend and took along Middle's Sock With Holes in progress - this is from another bus ride, dance class, and some TV knitting?



It's the same yarn I used for the toes of Smallest's socks.  It's a lovely brown-green color.  I like the pattern too, easy to memorize and it moves along quickly!

I am excited because my step daughter asked for a hat for Christmas!  Yay!  I'm going to make the color work hat from the Merry Making field guide from Mason Dixon Knitting.  It will be my first color work adventure, so we'll see how that goes.

I spent some time recently moving yarn around the house and came to the conclusion that I have more yarn than I realized.  Before I can buy any new yarn, I need to get rid of a bunch of what I have already!  There are multiple sweaters waiting to be made, and some more shawls and such.  Time to get cracking!  Luckily there isn't a lot of Christmas knitting for this year, so that will allow me to get moving on other projects more quickly (hopefully).  My summer work meeting is in Germany this year, and I'd like to have the option to pick up some yarn while I'm away.  The Schoppe-Wolle zauber balls are really cheap over there, and not cheap at all over here.
Perhaps I can take inventory and make a list of projects to track progress along the way.

More pictures soon.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment