Thursday, October 18

A Peekture!

First - here is the bright stripes blanket.  I wove the ends in and gave it a wash in the washing machine (in a sweater bag) and a tumble in the dryer too!


If I made this again, I would go down a needle size.  It did turn out nice and square, and both Middle and I love the i-cord around the edge.  Once I figured out how to do it, it was super easy and nice and tidy too.  You can see Bear the Dog curled up there next to the rowing machine too.  You can't see Jeff because he ducked out of the picture.  Middle has it now, and has promised not to take it to school.  Maybe she'll use it there during finals.  It gets pretty chilly in their classrooms.

Another picture!  Here is Solis:


What you can't see in this one is the tiny amount of yarn that remains.  I might have enough to do the neckline?  I'm supposed to block it, then three-needle-bind off the shoulders.  Next knit a couple of rows around the neck and seam up the sides.  I don't think there's enough for all of that.  However, I bought some extra yarn back when I was burning through yarn on the back, so all is well.  The pattern called for 5 skeins for this size and I just about made it.  If I had made it a little shorter (which it could probably stand to be) then I would have had plenty.

I've moved things around in the house.  All the yarn and knitting gear used to be on the ground floor in The Boy's closet.  That became rather inconvenient once he was living at home again.  Up in our bedroom on the second floor we have a wardrobe with all our games and puzzles inside.  Jeff suggested moving the yarn up there, so I sorted the games and put the yarn where the less-loved games were.  Not all the yarn fit, but all the yarn that has a destiny is in there, so that's helpful, and all the needles and bags and other stuff is up there too, so it makes project choosing much easier.

The next projects include finishing the blue baby sweater, hopefully for our neighbor whose baby is turning one in November.  A remake of the sweater for my Seattle friend - there was a dryer accident - is also coming, that should be fast!  Younger stepdaughter has asked for a hat, so I might as well make one for her sister so they can match.  Smallest has asked for a headband to keep her ears warm, and I'm planning to make an Easel-like sweater for Middle.  Jeff bought me a kit for the Hue Shift blanket, so that might be my couch project once other things are underway.

I've decided to bail on the Sunwalker.  I need to unknit it and rewind the yarn.  I'll either rework it with larger needles, or find a better way to use the yarn.  I still love the pattern, it's just not right the current way.

I think that's it.  Middle is deep in the thrall of quilting.  It's lots of fun.  She is also very fond of weaving, so I've given her some yarn that I will never use and she loves it.  It will be fun to see what she makes!

Catherine is currently in Vietnam after spending the summer/winter in Melbourne.  I wonder if she picked up some yarn there...

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment