Tuesday, March 27

Socks away!

I finished the Swirl socks for Middle.  Making the correction to the first sock took no time at all, and I gave them their bath last night.  I don't think she's wearing them today, but she likes them a bunch and I am sure they'll go in rotation soon.  They fit me as well, so I can steal them sometimes.


With the socks done, I've reverted to working on the Sunwalker shawl.  I stopped by the post office and they let me use their scale to measure 1.5 oz of yarn, which should be about 200 yards.  I need to use less than that, but I figure it's safer to have a little extra.  I've finished the first textured block and now am on the lace portion, so I'll put the stripe in soon.  There are three blocks of 24 rows, so I'm trying to decide between the first block and the second.  Here's my little ball of yarn, and the remaining skein:


I did some work on Middle's blanket as well while we were watching Valerian and the City of 1,000 Planets.  A decent movie, and I got four or five rows in?  They're rather long now.  The shawl is getting big too.  I think next will be a pair of socks for Jeff, and maybe a quick sweater for Smallest.  This is the plan, the Uncomplicated sweater, with a pocket made with the pompom yarn.  Pompoms at the collar, cuffs, and bottom as well.  Should be cute!

Looking forward to Easter this weekend.  We're getting our bad weather now, so the weekend is supposed to be nice.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment