Tuesday, April 10

More socks, and sock frustration

So perhaps I need to be more careful about reading directions?  Or maybe not?  Perhaps I need to knit a bunch of sock swatches.  Here is my dilemma.

I've started knitting Jeff a pair of socks, since I'm ignoring the sweater I should be knitting for him.  The yarn is from Schachenmayr Regia, and it's called "Pairfect" because you get a perfect stripey match from the two socks.  The ball band says use size 1-3 needle, so I'm on a smaller size 2, and I've cast on 72 stitches because Jeff has big feet.  Also on the band, there are instructions on the back that talk about using Color 1 for the cuff and then Color 2 for the sock.  I thought it was just one ball for all the sock, so I've forged ahead.  My sock looks like there's a lot more non-stripey parts than the sample sock.  I suspect that I need to go down a needle size, although there is still no Color 1 and Color 2...


The cool thing about the yarn is that you can start from the inside of the ball or the outside, so in theory, I could pull from the middle and test it out on smaller needles to see if I like that better.  That way, I don't have to destroy the current sock until I decide what to do.


Other than that, it's been some blanket work and some shawl work.  Not a lot going on!  Easter was nice, there's been a lot of dance as well.  Smallest has been accepted to the dance program at the Performing and Visual Arts high school that Middle goes to.  She is super excited!  

I may get to help Middle with a seat cover for a chair she made at school.  I've loaned her a quilt pattern book and she's chosen a design and bought some fabric.  I hope she'll let me play too!

Catherine is currently in Japan.  We may never hear from her again!

Margie


No comments:

Post a Comment