Tuesday, October 3

Stripes Away!

While Catherine is wheeling her way from Boulder to San Francisco, I have an update on the stripey blanket.  Oh, also, Catherine made this for the baby of some Boston friends:


Lucky baby!

I don't have a photo update, but we were driving up to Dallas this past weekend for Smallest to participate in a ballroom competition up there.  On the way up, I got some knitting in and finished the last of the four colored stripes.  I've also picked up the stitches for the last tan band along the edge, so once that's several inches long, I'll pick up stitches along the long edges and knit the final two tan bands.  I am very concerned about running out of yarn, so I might look into getting some more with enough time to blend old dye lot with a new dye lot.  

Smallest was the only one in her division at the competition, so she won, but she was uncharacteristically nervous about the competition.  In retrospect, she was wearing new shoes, a new dress and dancing choreography that they hadn't practiced as many times as they probably should have.  We'll make sure she feels more comfortable the next time around.  She also wasn't wild about her make-up, so perhaps we'll see if we can tone that down a bit next time.  
Here she is with her make-up on:


I'm off to Savanah this weekend with Middle to look at a college.  I am hoping for lots of knitting time.  I've switched from using the cable needle on Jeff's sweater to the trick stitch, and it seems to be going much more quickly now.  I'm almost half way through the increases on the sleeves.  I'm doing both sleeves at the same time.  Shortens the suffering and makes sure I do them the same way.

Margie


No comments:

Post a Comment