Friday, October 20

Hat = Love

Don't tell Middle, but the hat I have just finished is secretly filled with hugs and love for her.  She is in the midst of teenagerdom and doesn't let me hug her much.  She's heading up to Canada this afternoon to spend the weekend with her dad, which gave me the perfect opportunity to make this hat (which she had picked out a while ago, and I bought yarn for also a while ago).

I started Tuesday during a class on writing grant proposals for non-profit organizations (I thought it would be more interesting.  I finished the folded brim during the class.  Then, it was parent observation week at Smallest's dance studio this week, so that's many hours of dance to watch and knit through.  Three hours on Wednesday night alone!

I have only been knitting a little at work, most has been done during proper hours.  However, last night I got to the end of the regular pattern and just had the decreases left to do.  It only took about 15 minutes to finish up and now it is complete!  I pick her up at 3:00 to head for the airport, so two hours to spare.

The pattern is Wurm, a free pattern on Ravelry!  It was super easy and the hat is really cute!  I am still amazed at the magic that is hats that fit, so that was fun to do.  I made the middle size and it fits both me and Middle just right.  The first picture is from Wednesday, from Lunchtime knitting.  The last two are the finished product.  The yarn is a Blue Sky baby alpaca-silk blend and it is soooo soft and squishy!  Now Middle just can't lose it.  That would be sad.

I know the modeling picture is rather stark, but I wanted to get the top of the hat, it's a little longer than it needs to be, so it smooshes down at the end.  Very hip.

Now I'm feeling guilty about all the things I've made for Middle without making anything for Smallest (except leg warmers).  I asked what she would like and fingerless gloves were the request.  I bought a pattern last year from Churchmouse Yarn & Tea for just such a thing!  How handy.




I wish I had kept track of the hours!  It went really quickly.

Margie


No comments:

Post a Comment