Wednesday, November 4

One down

For some reason, I believe that if I am a knitter, then I muse make a pair of socks.  I bought my first sock yarn probably 15 years ago and messed around with the yarn and the double-pointed needles.  I had a book with some sock patterns, but I never ventured into the Land of Socks.

Finally, I bought some nice sock yarn from a local dyer (at my LYS that is now closed) and after only nine months or so, I made a bunch of swatches to test needle size and then I just decided to go for it.  It if turned out just right, they would fit me.  Too big?  Middle can wear them.  Too small?  Smallest is the winner.

I finished the first sock about two weeks ago and while it fits me, I think it fits Middle better.  I have cast on the second and am about 2/3 of the way through with the leg portion of the sock.  It goes fast, but I didn't take full advantage of my six hours of airplane time this past weekend, so I'm not to the heel yet.  The heel was easier than I expected.

At any rate, I think for the next pair, I will indeed go down a needle size.  Maybe then Smallest will get the socks!  Who knows.  I have some other sock yarn stashed away.  But Xmas gifts for MyFriend's daughters will have to come next.

Here's Sock #1

No comments:

Post a Comment