Tuesday, September 29

Subversive Cross Stitch

Many years ago, a friend gave me this book called Subversive Cross Stitch. (http://www.amazon.com/Subversive-Cross-Stitch-Julie-Jackson/dp/0811853470/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1443572552&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=subversive+cross+stitch)  It has cute designs with snarky sayings and I loved it.

I finally got to use it to make MyFriend a birthday present.  I wanted to do something a little more elaborate than just the words and a little border, so I adapted a sampler I found in an old cross stitch magazine I had.

Here is the final result, presented to MyFriend on Sunday evening at one of his many birthday celebrations this weekend.  He loves it.


We will frame it, and he can display it somewhere in his house.  He can't wait to show it to his mom, as he thinks she will find it amusing as well.  They are good people.

Now I have to figure out what to do next.  The sweater?  Finish the socks I started?  I need to finish the bee I started for our brother.  I've almost finished all the stitching, then it's just the backstitching to do.  Maybe that's the one to do first.

Yay for finishing!  Even better, I had all the supplies for this except for two colors of floss.  That was nice.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment