Wednesday, September 26

Bloggedy blog!

I miss you, sewing blog! It is great fun to hear what you've been up to, Margie. The dresses do indeed look fabulous. Post photos of your quilt when you get a chance!

The only thing I didn't record in the last 9 months is that back in January I took a trip to the LYS, using your lingo, and found some very happy yellow, green, and pink yarn. I started crocheting it into granny squares (for an hour or so), with the idea that it could become a baby blanket or a scarf. The baby blanket idea lost momentum because the person I had in mind turned out to be... not deserving, shall we say. And then the idea lost momentum in general because the yarn is VERY small, and so crocheting for ever left me with a square of about 2 inches. However, it's a very good traveling project, and I have some plane flights in my near future, so I should pick it up again. I also need to return to my quilt; fortunately, football season is upon us!

The other thing I can report is that the quilt of squares (based on the pattern-a-day book) totally stalled out when Evil Twin and I discovered that we really don't know any fancy knitting stitches and the internet was not helpful in teaching us. Perhaps another trip to the LYS is in our future at some point?

Catherine

2 comments:

  1. Why an evil comeback? Why not a happy comeback filled with sunshine and ponies? I have some knitting books with fancy stitches that you can borrow. Maybe I will send them along with other things I have to send to you.
    More and more I meet people who don't get along with their siblings and it makes me so glad that we do! You are my favorite sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention an evil comeback? Sorry, I didn't mean to.

    You are my favorite sister too!! Hugs and ponies all around.

    ReplyDelete