Wednesday, April 28

Sooo behind!

 I had such good intentions of posting more often.  I will try to do better.

Currently I have been knitting and unknitting a shawl.  I started it, decided it wasn't going to use up enough yarn, unknit a bit, started making it bigger and got close to finishing before I decided I had made it too big, so I had to go back and make it closer to the proper size.  Ah well.  It's the Livie shawl.  Here's a piece of it from the first knitting.




Other things... I finished the scarf for Jeff's brother and a cowl for brother's wife, those were Christmas presents.  They were well received.  I did finish the cowl for other brother's wife, but we didn't see her at Xmas, so I don't know if she liked it or not.  I don't know if I have a picture of it either.  Hmmm.  




The I Want You shawl lays nicely after blocking and I wore it a lot while it was cold here.  We had a small cold snap in Texas this February.  You might have heard about it.



I finished leg warmers for Smallest.  She happily wore them to her ballet competition this past weekend.  That reminds me that I need to put some elastic in them before the ballet competition this coming weekend!  No picture of those.

Oh!  I made Smallest's ballet costume.  She gets lots of compliments on it.  I am pleased.  I didn't make the actual tutu, but I made the part that goes on top.



I forgot that I made two sweaters also!  Another Flax Light for my friend's son.  Apparently the son really loves the colors in the sweater and it's big enough that it should last at least through the fall.  He is growing fast!  I also made Middle a sweater.  This one is the Homebody.  It's just a plain sweater.  It turned out well.  I would make it again.  Middle claims to like it.  I have no idea if it's actually being worn or not.  Same thing with the other two I made.  


Last are some socks.  I finished the Speckled Space Socks, and they have been claimed by Smallest.  I like them, and would make another pair.  I also had the fun of participating in a test knit!  I had to knit a sock in a week.  It wasn't too hard, but I was nervous about making it look good.  I started in a blue yarn, but it was hard to see the pattern, so I switched to a purple.  I'll undo the purple because I have other plans for that purple, but I will finish the blue because it was such a nice squishy sock!  It was the Dots and Lines from this set of three.


Lots more than I thought I did!  I have a couple more shawls to work on once I finally finish the reknitting of the current one.  I think this time will be the last time.  I'm going to mostly follow the directions.

I think that's it.  We're about to spend a week out of town for Jeff to learn how to make Prarie style stained glass, so I should have plenty of knitting time while he's playing.  I will also be working remotely, but there will still be knitting time.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment