Monday, November 2

Impending Doom

 Well, tomorrow is election day.  This is only the ninth presidential election that I've been able to vote in, and I think I missed my first one, in 1988, because I was away at school and hadn't figured that out.  I don't remember any of the other elections feeling so stressful.  Things are a mess right now!

So, what better to do than vote and knit.  (and work too) I voted early about two weeks ago, so that's great.  I made sure my son voted, and my other eligible child has voted absentee.  

Knitting... I am finishing the toe on the last Xmas sock for stepdaughter and fiancée, so it's on to other projects now.  I'm going to make Honey Cowls for both sisters-in-law, one in a pretty blue, and one in Green Bay Packers colors.  They are who they are.  I still need to finish the scarf I started last year.  I'm over halfway, and I am hopeful that I can get it done in time.  I still have six weeks, right?

After that, I have a second Carbeth to make for Smallest, who really likes mine.  A yarn store near San Antonio advertised a sale on Shibui Drift (35% off!) so I had Smallest pick out a color she likes and I'll get that done soon.  I'll also get the other sweater done for Middle.  I finished Glenmore before they headed off for school, and now Homebody is waiting to be completed.  I think that one might be able to wait until Xmas break, but we'll see how Xmas projects progress.  

I did actually pick up a pair of reading glasses a while ago, but haven't sat down to work on the bug.  Something else to do soon too.  I had my eyes checked recently and did pick up glasses for the computer.  They have a blue-light coating, and a little magnification which is nice for all the time I spend on the computer now.  

It occurs to me that I should also go back to the original blog list of projects and see what I need to complete from that list.  I know there's the Xmas tree skirt, and I think a labyrinth cross stitch?  Ah yes, I'm looking at it now.  Catherine has graciously told me not to make her a quilt.  The other projects are still lurking in the downstairs closet.  I bet I can knock out the quilt and the pillow quickly.  The top for the quilt is pieced, I just need to sandwich it and quilt it.  The pillow is also pieced and needs quilting and pillow-i-fying, which also shouldn't take long.  

I did finish the I Want You shawl.  It's not as large as I was hoping, but it's cosy around my neck.  It needs a before picture and a bath for blocking, but I'll wait and put it in with all the socks once they're done.

I did finish the first Fen dress.  It is cute, and I want to make some modifications to the pattern for the second one.

I'll try to get some pictures of some/all these things for the next post!

Margie


No comments:

Post a Comment