Monday, January 6

Christmas done!

Unfortunately, many knit presents were not completed.  I did finish the pink hat for stepdaughter 2.  I had her try it on at Thanksgiving (with her eyes closed) and stepdaughter 1 liked it enough that she wanted one too!  I ran out of yarn with about six rows to go on the second hat, so that one got finished right after Christmas.  Here's me modeling the hat.



I made Middle a hat to go with her cowl by knitting the Turn a Square pattern with the two yarns held together.  I'm not sure how much I like it, but as long as she likes it, that's what matters.  We shall see.

So far, that's three hats.  I didn't finish the wrap, but I'm closing in on half way.  It will be lovely when it's blocked.  I also made a purple hat for one of Smallest's dance teachers, but it was too small, so I'll do that over.  Probably in the Bankhead pattern.

I did start and finish a sweater for a small friend.  One of my college friends is a single dad to an adorable kiddo.  I've made him a sweater before, and now that he is three, he's large like my big kiddos and is wearing sizes 4-6, so I made him a Flax light sweater with Gauge Dyeworks self-striping sweater yarn.  It turned out very well and I popped it in the mail this morning.  I am hopeful that it will fit.  It cleaned up nicely when blocked.  In the pictures below, the top is pre-blocked and the bottom is post-blocking.  I am pleased!





Other than that, everyone has been passing some crud around and it has finally gotten me.  I thought I had dodged it, but apparently not.  Alas.  We did go see Star Wars this weekend and I thought it was super.  Lots of references for people who have grown up with the original trilogy.

I'll post pictures of the wrap soon.  I think I will need a mid-point celebration.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment