Wednesday, October 1

It's Just a Small Mistake

So I finished the project I was working on for Catherine.  Although I still need to sew in the loose threads.  No pictures still.

Instead of working on the pillows I mentioned last time, I've made a cape for Smallest to use in a dance performance next week.  I think I've mentioned that the mother of her dance partner is a professional party promoter person and she often has the kids dance at her crazy Russian parties.  This time it's a Phantom of the Opera party.  Middle likes the cape a lot too.  I made it big enough that Smallest could wear it a while, so it fits Middle too.

I did make a sheer curtain for My Friend's bathroom window.  It is narrow and up high, but his neighbor's light shines in his room at night, and so I thought I would see if this would work.  I stealthily installed it when he was out of town, and he noticed it the morning he got back, which impressed me.  He likes it very much.  Good man.

I am now working on the project for our mom, and soon the scarf for My Friend (I need to find better yarn) and I've added a little lace scarf.  I've never tried lace before, so this is new.  As I was knitting along, I realized that originally, the odd numbered rows started with the tail of the cast on to the right.  Makes sense.  Well, at some point, the even rows were the ones with the tail to the right.  Hmmm.   I kept going because I decided that it wouldn't be obvious that there was anything wrong.  Well, yesterday I was showing someone the scarf and as I spread it out, it became Very clear to me where I made the mistake.  Here's a picture.

The arrows are pointing to a row that travels up the length of the scarf.  One arrow shows where it's raised, and the other, where it's a channel.  Whoops.  I had originally thought this would be super fast to do, and so straightforward, but now I'm thinking that's not really the case.  I'm also not really liking the color so much anymore, so maybe I'll start again with a different color!

In the meantime, I will work more on the Mom project.  And I told Middle I would finish a hat for her that she had started in January and then stalled on.  She's done a great job, she just needs to finish.  Sounds like someone I know...

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment