Monday, June 14

Fount of Knowledge

This evening, while we weren't eating dinner because we all at ice cream at 4:30 in the afternoon, Middle was frustrated with her latest craft idea, and was rapidly becoming Bored.

I suggested I teach her how to knit. She cheered right up. She chose a color of yarn, we found the needles I had made with her brother when I taught him how to knit (when he was 5, not sure what he remembers) and off we went.

I was really impressed with how quickly she picked it up! She did great. She did a couple of rows and then started to have had enough, so I told her she was welcome to put it down for a while and work on it later.

On her way to bed tonight, she asked me if she could finish it in the morning. I told her I didn't know how long it would take her to finish it, but she could certainly work on it once she was ready for school.

I cast on for the back of the white baby sweater. That's a nice portable project, so I can work on it after the moving van goes, but I need to finish up the pink skirt before the end of the week. The packers come next Monday. Yikes!

1 hour today, 32 hours total.

Margie

No comments:

Post a Comment